Parents who are separated or divorced are met with special challenges in raising kids harmoniously from two homes. We provide a one-time, four-hour class titled Co-Parenting: Two Children, Two Homes. This workshop, which meets the parent education guidelines developed by the Supreme Court of Virginia, will help you focus on healthy ways to parent from separate households – while keeping children out of the middle of custody, visitation, child support or divorce negotiations.
- Recognizing the impact of separation/divorce on children.
- Accepting different parenting styles.
- Identifying effective communication techniques.
- Discussing options for conflict resolution.
- Emphasizing the importance of providing financial support for children.
This class uses handouts, videos and group discussions to help you navigate co-parenting.
Parents will receive a certificate upon completion of the class.
Pre-registration is required. Call 540-433-1546 or email email@example.com
Cost: $40.00 per person; $60.00 per couple.
Classes take place from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturdays, usually once a month. Please call to find out the date of the next class.